I thought I would note down the comments from my initial presentation. Hopefully as I continue with my research and fine tune my concept, I will be able to answer these questions.
- Using sound is tricky but doable. If not sound, something else?
- Research Berg, London
- Why are they alive? What are they trying to tell me?
- What’s it saying? What’s it saying about the place?
- What’s it going to look like?
- Why do they communicate to each other?
- What’s it got to do with this space? Can this happen anywhere? Be site specific.
- How do you tell the audience it’s interactive?
- Who is the target audience?
Ideas of what the alive objects could represent
- Ghosts of the past. Animals or things that lived in the Canberra region. Bogan moths?
- Virtual pets of the NewActon East residence.
- The digital technology cloud which is flows through the space and shown visually on the boxes.